Dear Houston Eye Associates Patients:
The health and safety of our patients is of a paramount importance to each member of the Houston Eye Associates (HEA) team, physicians, and staff. While we start reopening HEA clinics we will continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 Coronavirus infection in our community and follow the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Local Authorities recommendations.
Our efforts to safely and responsibly reopen HEA facilities include all necessary measures that meet CDC Guidance, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) required standard precautions and enhanced infection-control procedures. We want to assure you that our staff cleans and disinfects the clinics throughout the day and this includes all equipment, surface areas that we are touching, counter-tops, doorknobs, exam chairs, computers, and tables.
We request that you join our efforts to keep a safe environment for everyone and follow public health officials’ strong recommendations to wear a face mask or face covering, practice social distancing, thorough and frequent hand washing, follow coughing and sneezing etiquette and avoid touching your face, nose, and eyes.
We ask you to read and follow these instructions:
- If you have a scheduled appointment and feel sick or have a fever, cough, sore throat, body aches please call your primary care physician and reschedule your eye appointment.
- If you have acute red-eye or other urgent eye problems and experiencing flu-like symptoms (fever, body aches, sore throat, runny nose, cough):
- Call our office to consult with your eye doctor.
- Your doctor may also have telemedicine options to evaluate your eye condition.
- If within the last 14 days you or your family members have had close contact with someone with known or suspected COVID-19 infection please call us to reschedule your appointment for at least two weeks out or a telemedicine visit can be scheduled depending on your health concern.
- If you or your family member traveled within the last 14 days to any locations with widespread of COVID-19 infection please call us before arrival to reschedule your appointment for at least two weeks out or a telemedicine visit can be scheduled depending on your health concern.
Upon arrival for your appointment:
- You MUST wear a face mask or face covering.
- Your temperature will be checked, paperwork will be provided to review.
- To keep social distancing:
- If extra paperwork will be needed, you can take it to your car to fill out.
- You might be asked to wait in your car. You will receive a call or a text message to come in when the
- Physician is ready to see you. Make sure to provide us with your current mobile phone number.
- A member of the Physician’s staff will meet you at the entry to escort you to the exam area.
- Family members, siblings, or other accompanying persons should wait in the car or remain at home.
- Only patients and their medically necessary parent/guardian/caretaker will be allowed in the clinic. Any accompanying person must wear a face mask or face coverings.
- Drivers should give us their mobile number so that we may contact them at the end of the appointment as they are to wait in the car.
HEA will do our best to adjust our practice to meet the need of our patients, provide best quality eye care, while taking
appropriate steps to keep everyone safe.
Thank you for your cooperation.
HOUSTON EYE ASSOCIATES